Web Hosting Definition
Web hosting definition.
What is web hosting? What does web hosting mean in web design and web development.
Web hosting is a space on the web that holds (hosts) your website files including content, articles, images, audios, videos among others. Its a space where all your website data is kept. For instance if you have a real estate company, you can create a website and hosts company data and files on the web. Company information like services offered, about the company, products offered, pricing plans, contacts and more.
Web hosting is done on a server. A server is a remote hard drive where all your information or website data is stored. And you connect to this remote hard drive using a computer through the internet.
Companies which offer web hosting are known as hosts or web hosting providers or web hosting companies. There are many web hosting providers in the world both big and small.
Some big web hosting providers in the world includes but not limited to:
- Bluehost -Easy step by step setup. Best for beginners
- Namecheap – Affordable domain and web hosting services
- iPage – Free domain for a year included with $1.99/mo hosting plan
- Interserver – Affordable web hosting plans and customer support
- Dreamhost – Affordbale monthly payment
- GreenGeeks – Affordable eco friendly hosting
There are different types of web hosting offered by web hosting providers mainly:
Note: This post contains affiliate links. No extra charges incurred when you purchase web hosting plan using the links. Links enable us to earn commissions. Feel free to use.